Download: Flyer - Black&White (.PDF 347kb)
Course Outline (.PDF 246kb)
Who Should Attend:
Training Investment is P9,980
inclusive of Meals, Resource Kit,
& Certificate of Attendance
1. Meaning of Succession
2. Basic principles underlying the Philippines law on succession
3. Meaning of "decedent" in succession
4. Decedent’s liability binding upon heirs
5. What is an Heir?
6. Who are the compulsory heirs? Kinds of compulsory heirs
7. Who are the Voluntary Heirs?
8. Who are legatee and devisee?
9. Who are the Collateral Heirs?
10. Determining One’s Share in Inheritance
11. What is legitime? Kinds of legitime?
12. Composition of Inheritance
13. May Heirs Inherit before Death?
14. No legal bar to an heir disposing of his hereditary share even before actual determination of the same
15. Determining who shall inherit? How may relatives in the same degree inherit?
16. The principles of transmission of rights upon one’s death and the nearest relatives exclude the farthest relatives illustrated
17. Cross border Inheritance
– What do you inherit when your foreign spouse has properties in his home country
18. Acceptance and repudiation of inheritance
19. May there be a valid renunciation or compromise as regards legitime between the testator and his compulsory heirs?
20. May a person represent an heir whose inheritance he has renounced?
21. What is the right of accretion? When does the right of accretion exist among the compulsory heirs?
22. Examples of accretion
23. What is the right of representation?
24. When rights to succession transmitted
25. What rights are not transmissible upon the death of a person
26. Classification of succession
27. Legal or Intestate Succession
28. Order of intestate succession
29. Descending direct line
30. Ascending direct line
31. Heirs who may inherit in Intestate Succession
32. What is partition and what is its purpose?
33. Effects of partition
34. Rescission or nullity of partition
35. Co-ownership results from death of decedent
36. Effects of co-ownership
37. Legal redemption by co-heirs
38. Does the right of redemption of a co-heir still apply where the property has been subdivided and assigned to the heir?
39. What is reserve troncal; persons involved in reserva troncal?
40. Testate or Testamentary succession
41. Heirs who may inherit in Testate Succession
42. Surviving spouse
- With children
- With legally adopted children
- With children from deceased spouse
- With children from previous marriages
43. Legitimate and Illegitimate children
44. Legitimated and Adopted children
45. Inheritance Law for Minors
- What is the law when you leave an inheritance to a minor?
- How do you protect the inheritance of minors when parents die?
46. Survivorship agreement
47. Inheritance of surviving spouses from Muslim marriages
48. Inheritance and the rights of an ex-spouse with legal separation.
49. Inheritance and the rights of an ex-spouse from an annulled marriage.
50. May a testator impose a condition that the heir shall not contract a first or subsequent marriage?
51. What is a Will?
52. How question of whether testator is of sound mind determined?
53. Requisites of a valid notarial will
54. Witnesses to wills
55. Forms of wills
56. Revocation of wills and testamentary disposition
57. Republication and revival of wills
58. Allowance and disallowance of wills
59. Institution of heirs
60. May a Will contain disposition in favor of an unknown person?
61. Preterition of heirs
62. Preterition distinguished from disinheritance
63. What are the requisites for a valid disinheritance?
64. Substitution of heirs
65. Probate of will
66. Kinds of Probate
67. Purpose of probate proceedings
68. May a lost will be probated
69. Conditional testamentary dispositions and testamentary dispositions with a term
70. Outline of procedure to find out if a donation is inofficious
71. What is Collation?
72. When does collation takes place?
73. Estate Tax
74. Computation of net estate
75. Donor’s Tax
76. Settlement of Estate of Deceased Persons under the Rules of Court
77. What are the requirements under the Rules of Court for the extrajudicial settlement of the estate of a deceased person?
This lecture will feature Supreme Court rulings involving inheritance.